Things that need to be in a nexus letter:
1. Brief - it should be concisely focused on facts and conclusions.
2. Expert opinion - doctor with credentials. Our doctors have specialty board-certification and have prior military service.
3. Records review - connecting your condition to your military service requires review of relevant medical records and service records. The doctor will make a statement in the letter that they had access to, and were able to review these records.
4. Burden of proof - is more likely than not. The medical opinion does not have to be absolute. Remember the burden of proof is more likely than not that the condition was caused by (or aggravated by) military service.
5. Neutral party - the expert opinion of the doctor should remain honest and based on evidence. While not required, a recent examination of the veteran can add weight to the nexus letter.